Jailbreaks have been a little thin on the ground in recent months. The last one we have is PPHelper for iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.3.3 and, although many people will still be using that, there are millions of users who have updated to iOS 10 and beyond. The current iOS version is iOS 10.1.1 and, despite iOS 10 having been public for several weeks there is still no sign of an iOS 10.1.1 jailbreak [ext link] for it. This means that a lot of people are starting to miss Cydia, in particular, the ability to download emulators so that they can play their favorite retro games on their devices.
Image : Emu4iOS 10.1.1 Download
Luckily, there is a solution and it comes in the form of a new web app by the name of Emu4iOS. This app allows users to download those emulators without having to jailbreak and it is fully compatible with iOS 10.1.1.
Emu4iOS Supported Devices :
Emu4iOS has been updated to support iOS 10.1.1 and, as such, will work on these devices:
- iPhone 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus
- iPad 4
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad Mini 2, 3, 4
- iPad Pro – 9.7” and 12.9” models
- iPod Touch 6th generation
If your device is not on this list, then Emu4iOS will not work on it.
Before You Start :
Before you can go ahead and download Emu4iOS onto your iPhone or iPad, keep these things in mind:
- Emu4iOS requires you to have a good internet connection on your device, preferably Wi-Fi
- You cannot install Emu4iOS onto your device if it is running a jailbreak
- You must be running iOS 10.1.1 for Emu4iOS to work
- It is only possible to use one emulator at any one time so, if your games are on several of them, you will have to delete one and install a new one before you can change games
Download Emu4iOS on iOS 10.1.1 :
- Launch the Safari browser on your device and go to the address bar
- Type in emu4ios.org and tap Go
- When the page has loaded, look for the UP arrow – top or bottom of the page – and tap it
- Choose where to save your icon to – tap on Add to Home Screen
- Type Emu4iOS in the box to give your icon a name. Tap on Add and close Safari
- The Emu4iOS icon will now be visible on your home screen
Video : This video explains the above steps
Please let us reassure you that Emu4iOS is perfectly safe and legal to use. Let us know how you get on with it and, for more of the latest developments straight to your inbox, follow us on Facebook and Subscribe to our free email newsletter.