Jailbreaking is fast becoming a dim and distant memory for many of us; there have been few updates to Cydia in the last year or so and those there have been are only compatible with certain devices. For the majority of the jailbreak community, it seems it’s all over and we are back to being reliant on the stock iOS. For many, one of the most popular downloads from Cydia was iFile, one of the most useful apps there is, and, without Cydia, that has gone. Except now, there is a way to get it without jailbreaking and, later, we’ll be showing you how.
Image : iFile File Manager Download Tutorial
What is iFile?
iFile is an advanced file manager app, one that provides access to your iOS file system and allows you to customize it. This is something that Apple is never going to allow because, to put it bluntly, they don’t want us poking around in the iOS. That, apart from the unique features it offers, is one of the reasons why iFile [ext link] has proved to be a popular Cydia download. Much like Windows Explorer and Mac Finder, iFile allows you do many things with your files, including.
iFile Features :
iFile is a feature-rich app and one of the things it allows you to do is see which different file types you have. You can see:
- Microsoft files
- Apple iWork
- Compressed files
- Web archive
With your software and multimedia files, you can
- Rename them
- Move them
- Copy and paste them
- Edit text and property lists like configuration files
- Have an easier way to install .deb packages
- Pack and unpack compressed file formats
- Import different files to your iPod library, including MP3
You can move files to and from your iOS device:
- Using a network drive or browser through the built-in web server
- Managing your FTP and Dropbox files
- Use a Toshiba FlashAir card to view your files and download them
- Add your files as email attachments
- Mount Apple disc image files (.dmg)
- Use Bluetooth to transfer your files to another device with iFile on it
iFile is integrated with Attachment Saver, Safari Download Manager, and Celeste Bluetooth File Sharing.
How to Download iFile :
Given the type of app that iFile is, there is no chance of Apple ever allowing it into the iOS app store. However, we did say that there was another way to get it and you don’t need Cydia to do it. Instead, just download an app installer called Emu4iOS first:
- Download Emu4iOS on your device following the tutorial at the link
- Open Emu4iOS and look for iFile
- Download it , thee may be instructions on the screen; follow them
- Once downloaded, you can use iFile to manage your file system in any way you choose
iFile is quite easy to download and its free to use. It’s a truly useful tool, with features not available in any other app. Download it today and see what you think of it; follow us on Facebook for more updates and news.