There is a good reason why so many people jailbreak their iPhones and iPads and that is to gain freedom from the tight security that Apple has in place on the iOS. While some use it as a way of modifying their devices to be more functional, others use jailbreaking as a way of downloading emulators so that they can play their favorite retro games. Right now, we are without a jailbreak for anything beyond iOS 9.3.3 and, given that many of us have already updated to iOS 10 and beyond, an awful lot of people are missing out on all the features they have come to rely on with a jailbreak.
Image : EMu4iOS iOS 10.2
iOS 10.2 has been released, taking us another step further away from a jailbreak. There is some good news for those of you that want those emulators back on their devices – Emu4iOS is the answer you have been looking for. Emu4iOS is a new web app that contains many of the best emulators, along with other apps., and it is available for all to download without the need for a jailbreak. Even better, it is fully compatible with all iOS 10 versions, including iOS 10.2.
Supported Devices :
Because it supports iOS 10.2, Emu4iOS will work on a wide range of iOS devices:
- iPhone 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S, Plus, SE, 7, 7 Plus
- iPad 4
- iPad Air, Air 2
- iPad Mini 2, 3, 4
- iPad Pro – 9.7” and 12.9” models
- iPod Touch 6thgeneration
Before You Begin :
Before you can download Emu4iOS onto your iOS 10.2 device, you need to be aware of the following:
- In order for the download to be successful, you must have a strong internet connection on your iOS device – WiFi is best
- Emu4iOS cannot be installed on a jailbroken device
- You must be on iOS 10+ for this to work
- You are only able to install one emulator on your device at any one time so be prepared to have to delete one before you can install another
How to Download Emu4iOS on iOS 10.2 :
- Open Safari browser on your iOS device
- Type emu4ios.org into your address bar and tap Go
- A specially designed web page will now load and, when it has, locate and tap on the UP arrow
- From the list that appears on your screen, tap on Add to Home Screen
- Give your icon a name , call it Emu4iOS . Tap the Add button and shut Safari down
- The Emu4iOS app icon will be on your home page
Video : This video explains the above steps
Emu4iOS is perfectly safe to use, having undergone full testing. Do let us know what you think of it and if it is something you will make use of while you wait for the iOS 10.2 jailbreak [ext link] to be released.
For more up to the minute news and developments, follow us on Facebook .