While the iPhone is a great device for playing some games on, there is no doubt that the larger screen of the iPad is much better and easier to see, especially when you want to play the old retro games like Sonic the Hedgehog. At one time, you would have to jailbreak your iPad and download emulators from Cydia to play these old games but, and this is great news for those of you who cannot jailbreak right now or who don’t want to, we can now download these emulators without needing to jailbreak.
Image : Emu4iOS iPad Download
Thanks to Emu4iOS, which is a web app, we can put many of the more popular emulators, as well as a few other apps that you could only get from Cydia, onto your iPad without any trouble at all and we’re going to show you how to get emulators like these:
Supported Devices :
Emu4iOS will work on all of the following iPads on iOS 7 and above .
- iPad Air
- iPad Mini
- iPad Pro
If you have an earlier iPad, then Emu4iOS won’t work
Before Downloading Emu4iOS for iPad :
- Your iPad must be connected to the internet – Wi-Fi is best as a data connection may run up your bill
- Your iPad must not be jailbroken – Emu4iOS does not work if a jailbreak is installed
- You may only install and use one emulator at any one time – if your games are spread across different ones, you will have to delete and install each one as required
How to Download Emu4iOS for iPad :
- Open Safari browser
- Type in https://emu4ios.app [ copy-paste in browser ] in the address bar . Tap the Go button
- Tap the large UP arrow when the web page has loaded. It will be at the top of your iPad screen
- When the options page appears, tap on Add to Home Screen
- Tap the Add button
- Close Safari and look for the Emu4iOS app icon on your home screen
Video : This video explains the above steps
That’s how simple it is to download Emu4iOS onto your iPad and, should you decide you no longer want it, it is just as easy to Delete Emu4iOS – instructions can be found at the given link.
What are your thoughts on Emu4iOS ? Tell us what you think in the comments box below and, for more download links and tutorials, follow us on Facebook and subscribe to our free email newsletter