Apple’s iOS store is host to millions of games and apps but sometimes the best ones are those made for the game consoles. There was a way to play console games on iOS devices, but it involved downloading Cydia [ext link] and then downloading games emulators. Right now, Cydia is in very short supply and any jailbreak that has been released is limited to a handful of devices, leaving millions of users with no way of accessing these emulators anymore. Until now. If you are a fan of Nintendo games, then you are going to love an emulator called NDS4iOS.
Image : NDS4iOS App
What is NDS4iOS ?
NDS4iOS offers users a Nintendo Emulator, great news because Nintendo is making a real comeback now. The emulator will let you lay games like Pokémon, Super Marion Bros, Mario Kart, and many more right there on your iOS device. It needs no jailbreak to work and can be used on all iOS devices up to and including iOS 11. Here are some of the best features:
Features of NDS4iOS :
- Easy download and user-friendly
- No need to jailbreak
- Supports all iOS devices on up to and including iOS 11
- Easy syncing with Dropbox
- In-app control settings
- The ability to disable the sound if you want
- Control position and vibration settings, providing a real game controller experience
- Frame skipping
- Overlay pixel grid
- Thousands of Nintendo and Nintendo DS games available to play
Supported Devices :
NDS4iOS works on these devices on iOS 10 and 11:
- iPad Air
- iPad Pro
- iPad Mini
- iPod Touch
How to Download NDS4iOS :
NDS4iOS will not be available in the iOS app store because Apple will not allow it. This isn’t the kind of app that they approve of, especially since it used to be a jailbreak feature. However, you can easily download it just by installing a third-party app installer called Emu4iOS and then downloading it from there. Here’s how you do that:
- On your iOS device, Download Emu4iOS installer
- When it has installed, open it and search for NDS4iOS
- Wait for the results list to populate and then chose whichever result matches your iOS version and device
- There will be a series of instructions on the screen; follow these to install NDS4iOS
- Once the install has finished, you can click the NDS4iOS icon on your homepage and start playing your favorite Nintendo games.
Emu4iOS also offers a number of other emulators for different consoles so you can enjoy a full range of different games on your iPhone or iPad.
Now that jailbreaking seems to be tailing off, third-party apps are becoming very important to the jailbreak community as the only source of Cydia apps available. The emulators have always been popular and will continue to be so now that we can get them without needing to jailbreak first. NDS4iOS is one of the best emulators there is and, as its free, you are not losing anything by downloading it.
Try it, tell us in the comments below what you think of it and follow us on Facebook for more up to date news.