In recent times, there has been much speculation about the launch of a SNES Mini from Nintendo, reviving interest in the Nintendo gaming consoles and all they have to offer. Although the iPhone and iPad are impressive pieces of architecture, they are designed for games and apps from the official store only and that is why many users chose to jailbreak their devices. One of the main downloads form the jailbreak store, Cydia, was the games emulators because these allowed us to play those console games on our iOS devices. Now that jailbreaking is all but gone, for many, these emulators are out of reach. Now though, a popular emulator called SNES4iOS has been released without the requirement to jailbreak.
Image : SNES4iOS App Download
What is SNES4iOS Emulator ?
SNES4iOS is a popular Super Nintendo Emulator that offers the opportunity to play your favorite Nintendo games once again, on your iPad or iPhone. It works perfectly well without a jailbreak, on all iOS devices on iOS 7 and upwards and is very easy to use. Here are some of the top features:
SNES4iOS Features :
- Easy to download and use
- Very user-friendly interface makes navigation simple
- No need to jailbreak
- Supported on all iOS devices on iOS 7 and higher
- Compatible with Android too
- Offers you the chance to play your favorite Nintendo games, including Mario Bros, Pokémon Go and more
- Many more features
Supported Devices :
SNES4iOS will work on Android and on all the following iOS devices on iOS 7 to iOS 11:
- iPad Mini
- iPad Air
- iPad Pro
- iPod Touch
How to Download SNES4iOS Emulator :
At one time, several of these emulators were available in the iOS app store but Apple soon managed to out them and now they won’t be allowed in. This is not a problem because you can download SNES4iOS by installing a third-party app installer called Emu4iOS. Here’s how.
Method 1 : Using EMu4iOS Installer
- Download Emu4iOS onto your iOS device
- When the installation has finished open Emu4iOS and go to the search bar
- Type in SNES4iOS and wait to see results page
- Several results will appear so tap the one that matches the app page. Open the page and tap on this [ Get ] link from your iOS device.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to start the SNES4iOS download
- When SNES4iOS has installed onto your device, you can start using it to play your favorite Nintendo games.
Method 2 : Cydia Impactor and SNES4iOS IPA
You need to use Cydia Impactor to sideload SNES4iOS onto your device but first, you need to check that you have a current version of iTunes , open iTunes, click Help > Check for Updates and follow the guidance onscreen. Now you can download SNES4iOS .
- Using the link, download Cydia Impactor [ext link] onto your Windows PC or Mac
- Staying on your computer, download the SNES4iOS IPA [ file ]
- Your iOS device now need to be connected to your computer
- Open Cydia Impactor and wait while your iOS device is detected
- Now open the SNES4iOS IPA and drag it into Cydia Impactor
- Input your Apple ID and password
- Click OK and then OK on the warning message
- Now leave Cydia Impactor to sign the certificate so you can use SNES4iOS
- When it is all done, the SNES4iOS icon is on your home screen ready to be used
Emu4iOS is a popular installer that has several emulators in it, as well as some other content, giving you the opportunity to play many different console games on your device as you want.
With jailbreaking being so poor now, we are seeing more and more third-party offerings. These are being welcomed by the jailbreak community as they are the only way to get some of what we used to get from Cydia. Games emulators have always been some of the most downloaded content from Cydia and now we don’t have to wait for another jailbreak to use them again.
Tell us how you get on with SNES4iOS in the comments box below and follow us on Facebook for more up to the minute news and updates.